Re: BUG #1611: reading a date-field by "ResultSet.getTimestamp()"

От Oliver Jowett
Тема Re: BUG #1611: reading a date-field by "ResultSet.getTimestamp()"
Дата
Re: BUG #1611: reading a date-field by "ResultSet.getTimestamp()" method analized dayligth flag  (Ingolf Knopf <iknopf@csc-dd.de>)
Список pgsql-bugs
Ingolf Knopf wrote:

> Bug reference:      1611
> Logged by:          Ingolf Knopf
> Email address:      iknopf@csc-dd.de
> PostgreSQL version: 8.0.1
> Operating system:   JDBC
> method analized dayligth flag
> Details:
>
> Retrieving data by "java.sql.ResultSet" I read a data from a column which
> has type DATE. I read content of this column by method
> "ResultSet.getTimestamp( int )".
> I get a "java.sql.Timestamp"-object, where Calendar.HOUR_OF_DAY==1. I
> suppose, this is daylight flag.
>
> Maybe this behavior of your JDBC driver is compatible with SQL standard, but
> it is completely other than the behavior of "Oracle" or "Ingres".

Can you provide a compilable test case please?

What is the behaviour of Oracle/Ingres with the same test case?

-O