Re: Help installing 8.0.2 rpms on RH 3.0

От Chris Hoover
Тема Re: Help installing 8.0.2 rpms on RH 3.0
Дата
Re: Help installing 8.0.2 rpms on RH 3.0
Список pgsql-admin
Joshua D. Drake wrote:

>> Here is what I have:
>> Virgin install of RH ES 3.0 from cd's (no update run right now)
>>
>> When I try to start installing the Postgresql rpms, I get the following:
>> [root@localhost postgresql_rpms]# rpm -Uvh
>> postgresql-libs-8.0.2-1PGDG.i686.rpm
>> warning: postgresql-libs-8.0.2-1PGDG.i686.rpm: V3 DSA signature:
>> NOKEY, key ID 748f7d0e
>> error: Failed dependencies:
>>        libecpg.so.4 is needed by postgresql-libs-8.0.2-1PGDG
>>        libpgtypes.so.1 is needed by postgresql-libs-8.0.2-1PGDG
>>        libpq.so.3 is needed by postgresql-libs-8.0.2-1PGDG
>>    Suggested resolutions:
>>        rh-postgresql-libs-7.3.4-8.i386.rpm
>

> It looks like you already have postgresql installed via RH 3. You need
> to remove it first, then install 8.
>
> Honestly, when working with the RH ES version it is better to compile
> anyway.
>
> Sincerely,
>
> Joshua D. Drake

I have checked, and postgresql is not installed on the system.  Are
there some dependent rpms that the postgresql-lib rpm needs?

Why do you say it is better to compile (besides getting a "customized"
postgresql)?  Are there major problems with the rpm builds?  Our
management team really wants us to get away from compiling Postgresql if
at all possible.  So, I am going to need a very good argument to keep
compiling Postgresql when we do this next project.

Thanks,

Chris

От: "Joshua D. Drake"
Сообщение: Re: Help installing 8.0.2 rpms on RH 3.0
От: "Joel Fradkin"
Сообщение: Re: Help installing 8.0.2 rpms on RH 3.0