Re: fedora core 2 postgresql regression tests fail

От John McBride
Тема Re: fedora core 2 postgresql regression tests fail
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
John McBride wrote:
> stig erikson wrote:
>
>> John McBride wrote:
>>

>>> As user postgres I try and run the tests:
>>>
>>> $ pwd
>>> /usr/lib/pgsql/test/regress
>>> $ time ./pg_regress.sh --schedule=parallel_schedule
>
> I've no idea what the others should be set to. I think the tests
> directory is setup for people who install from source, rather than
> binary installers.

This is most certainly the problem. It looks like the "tests" rpm
depends on the source code being present to run, and it is not there. I
downloaded/built/installed 8b3 and here is the result:

======================
  All 96 tests passed.
======================

The variables for a build/install end up as:

bindir=/usr/local/pgsql/bin
libdir=/usr/local/pgsql/lib
pkglibdir=/usr/local/pgsql/lib
datadir=/usr/local/pgsql/share
VERSION=8.0.0beta3
host_tuple=
GMAKE=gmake
enable_shared=yes
GCC=yes

Next I removed 8b3 and reinstalled 7.4.2, added the following set to the
pg_regress.sh:

bindir=/usr/bin
libdir=/usr/lib/pgsql
pkglibdir=/usr/lib/pgsql
datadir=/var/lib/pgsql
VERSION=7.4.2
host_tuple=
GMAKE=gmake
enable_shared=yes
GCC=yes

Now it is down to one error:

test create_function_1    ... FAILED

=======================
  1 of 93 tests failed.
=======================

$ cat ./regression.diffs
*** ./expected/create_function_1.out    Wed Mar 10 13:36:51 2004
--- ./results/create_function_1.out     Sat Oct  2 15:20:50 2004
***************
*** 70,76 ****
   ERROR:  could not access file "nosuchfile": No such file or directory
   CREATE FUNCTION test1 (int) RETURNS int LANGUAGE c
       AS '/usr/lib/pgsql/test/regress/regress.so', 'nosuchsymbol';
! ERROR:  Can't find function nosuchsymbol in file
/usr/lib/pgsql/test/regress/regress.so
   CREATE FUNCTION test1 (int) RETURNS int LANGUAGE internal
       AS 'nosuch';
   ERROR:  there is no built-in function named "nosuch"
--- 70,76 ----
   ERROR:  could not access file "nosuchfile": No such file or directory
   CREATE FUNCTION test1 (int) RETURNS int LANGUAGE c
       AS '/usr/lib/pgsql/test/regress/regress.so', 'nosuchsymbol';
! ERROR:  could not find function "nosuchsymbol" in file
"/usr/lib/pgsql/test/regress/regress.so"
   CREATE FUNCTION test1 (int) RETURNS int LANGUAGE internal
       AS 'nosuch';
   ERROR:  there is no built-in function named "nosuch"

PS sorry about the double post earlier. The first did not show up in my
sent items and the list slowed down temporarily and I did not notice in
time--I thought the first msg was lost.