Re: Installing postgresql-8.0.0beta3

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Installing postgresql-8.0.0beta3
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Michael Long <mlong@datalong.com> writes:
> I should have also included that when I do a "locate readline" I get the
> following list.
> /lib/libreadline.so.4.3

Well, you've evidently got the library, but I don't see
/usr/include/readline/readline.h, which makes me think you didn't
install the readline-devel package.  You'll need that too.

The configure error is not bleating about lack of readline.h though;
it hasn't gotten that far.  I suspect you are missing one of the
supporting libraries that readline needs (typically libtermcap ...
but do "ldd /lib/libreadline.so.4.3" to find out).