Re: fedora core 2 postgresql regression tests fail

От John McBride
Тема Re: fedora core 2 postgresql regression tests fail
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
stig erikson wrote:
> John McBride wrote:
>

>> As user postgres I try and run the tests:
>>
>> $ pwd
>> /usr/lib/pgsql/test/regress
>> $ time ./pg_regress.sh --schedule=parallel_schedule

Okay, some of these problems are my fault. The README file in the test
directory clearly states to run the tests via "gmake check":

$ gmake check
GNUmakefile:16: ../../../src/Makefile.global: No such file or directory
gmake: *** No rule to make target `../../../src/Makefile.global'.  Stop.

So I look in the makefile to see how the tests should be run. I did not
realize that a sed operation updates some variables in the script prior
to running the tests. So I try to run the tests by hand, after doing a
chmod +x on the script:

$ time ./pg_regress.sh --schedule=parallel_schedule
(using postmaster on Unix socket, default port)
============== dropping database "regression"         ==============
./pg_regress.sh: line 449: @bindir@/dropdb: No such file or directory
============== creating database "regression"         ==============
./pg_regress.sh: line 489: @bindir@/createdb: No such file or directory
pg_regress.sh: createdb failed

real    0m0.426s
user    0m0.088s
sys     0m0.184s

If I change "@bindir@" (below) to /usr/bin it runs with the same errors
I listed previously, whether I use the new rpms stig suggested or not. I
bet the other unset variables are causing the failures:

libdir='@libdir@'
pkglibdir='/usr/lib/pgsql'
# bindir='@bindir@'
bindir='/usr/bin'
datadir='@datadir@'
host_platform='@host_tuple@'
enable_shared='@enable_shared@'

I've no idea what the others should be set to. I think the tests
directory is setup for people who install from source, rather than
binary installers.

---
John