Re: TCP/IP with 7.4 beta2 broken?

От Andreas Pflug
Тема Re: TCP/IP with 7.4 beta2 broken?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Tommi Maekitalo wrote:

>Hi,
>
>the patch did not help.

Strange. Do you get a client side message "hba.conf entry for
::ffff.127.0.0.1 missing"?
On my system the usual 127.0.0.1 255.255.255.255 is correctly converted to
::ffff:127.0.0.1 ffff:ffff:ffff:ffff:ffff:ffff:255.255.255.255 and works
fine.
Please check if the code is correctly inserted line 676ff (and you did
make install and restarted, I hope...)

>Maybe it would help dumping all pg_hba.conf-etries after generation of
>IPv6-adresses.
>
>But there is another problem, which is related. I get a logentry:
>
>LOG:  could not bind IPv4 socket: Die Adresse wird bereits verwendet

You can ignore this, I have it too.

>Sorry - I have errormessages in german - I set LANG to nothing, but it looks
>like not at the right place. It says, that the adress is already in use, but
>that is not true. Maybe postgres listens at the IPv6-socket first and
>therefore the IPv4-socket is also in use.

Maybe IPV4 shouldn't be tried if an IPV6 socket is already opened, but I
don't know if there are systems that need both sockets to be able to
connect to both clients.

Regards,
Andreas

От: Czuczy Gergely
Сообщение: Re: C++ and using C functions
От: Andreas Pflug
Сообщение: Re: C++ and using C functions