Re: Sample database for testing?

От bangh
Тема Re: Sample database for testing?
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
There is a database template1 you can play with.

If there is no table in template1, you can create one by:

psql template1
psql> create table mytable (
psql> mydate datetime,
psql> mymem  text);
psql> insert into mytable values('now', 'I am doing this today');
psql> select * from mytable;
psql>\q;

dump your database:

pg_dump template1 > mydump.pgdump

create another copy of this database:

createdb newdatabase

cat mydump.pgdump | psql newdatabase

have a look at your new database

psql newdatabase
psql>\d;
psql>select * from mytable;
(add a new column)
psql>alter table mytable add column priority text;
psql>insert into mytable values('now', 'Always play at first, then ...',
'super high');
psql>select * from mytable;
psql>\q;

Have a lot of fun!