Re: Sample database for testing?

От Oliver Elphick
Тема Re: Sample database for testing?
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On Fri, 2002-02-01 at 20:26, bangh wrote:
> There is a database template1 you can play with.
>
> If there is no table in template1, you can create one by:
>
> psql template1
> psql> create table mytable (
> psql> mydate datetime,
> psql> mymem  text);
> psql> insert into mytable values('now', 'I am doing this today');
> psql> select * from mytable;
> psql>\q;

If you do this, you will have mytable in every database you create
thereafter.  It is not called a template for no reason!  template1 is
copied in its entirety into every new database when it is created. (And
so the rest of the advice is redundant, too.)

A better choice is to run the regression tests and use the regression
database for your experiments, since it will have a lot of tables
already containing data.

     "And be not conformed to this world; but be ye
      transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may
      prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect,
      will of God."             Romans 12:2

Вложения

Сообщение: Re: Sample database for testing?
Сообщение: Re: Sample database for testing?