Re: TODO wiki display issue

От Brendan Jurd
Тема Re: TODO wiki display issue
Дата
Re: TODO wiki display issue  (Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us>)
Список pgsql-www
On Thu, Nov 13, 2008 at 7:29 AM, Alvaro Herrera
<alvherre@commandprompt.com> wrote:
> Well, that's exactly my point.  I showed Bruce the other version of the
> page and he wasn't sure he could tell the difference, so I'm not sure
> that keeping it is all that important :-)
>
> If people add new subsections and they don't notice that you need a
> macro to fix the indentation, this clues that the indentation is not all
> that useful.

Actually I would read that as a clue that sometimes people are inattentive. =)

However, I do take your point.  If we wanted to ditch the indentation,
then some chunks of the template trickery involved in the Todo list
could be done away with.  I'm not necessarily opposed to the idea, but
I'm reluctant to go to yet more effort to un-hack it.

I'm also dreading the possibility that we go to the trouble to remove
the indentation, and a few days later somebody posts on the lists
saying "What happened to the indentation?  The new version sucks!"
etc.

Cheers,
BJ