Re: TODO wiki display issue

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: TODO wiki display issue
Дата
Список pgsql-www
Brendan Jurd wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 13, 2008 at 7:29 AM, Alvaro Herrera
> <alvherre@commandprompt.com> wrote:
> > Well, that's exactly my point.  I showed Bruce the other version of the
> > page and he wasn't sure he could tell the difference, so I'm not sure
> > that keeping it is all that important :-)
> >
> > If people add new subsections and they don't notice that you need a
> > macro to fix the indentation, this clues that the indentation is not all
> > that useful.
> >

> Actually I would read that as a clue that sometimes people are inattentive. =)
>
> However, I do take your point.  If we wanted to ditch the indentation,
> then some chunks of the template trickery involved in the Todo list
> could be done away with.  I'm not necessarily opposed to the idea, but
> I'm reluctant to go to yet more effort to un-hack it.
>
> I'm also dreading the possibility that we go to the trouble to remove
> the indentation, and a few days later somebody posts on the lists
> saying "What happened to the indentation?  The new version sucks!"
> etc.

I am hesistant to remove the indentation because then the only
observable difference between sections and subsections would be the line
under the heading section, which doesn't seems significant enough.  I do
like the new layout myself.

Oh, one more thing --- in my browser, the subsections are bolder than
the main sections, and the same font size.  Is this expected?

http://enterprisedb.com