Re: TODO wiki display issue

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: TODO wiki display issue
Дата
Список pgsql-www
Brendan Jurd escribió:
> On Wed, Nov 12, 2008 at 12:26 AM, Alvaro Herrera
> <alvherre@commandprompt.com> wrote:
> > I mentioned this to Bruce because I noticed that somebody edited to add
> > a new subsection, and neglected to add the {{TodoSubsection}} marker.
> > Since a week had passed and nobody had noticed, I thought that maybe
> > those things are a waste of time and space and we should just get rid of
> > them and the indentation they provide.
>
> Well, you may recall that my original port of the TODO into the wiki
> didn't have indentation.  Bruce felt that indentation was important to
> delineate the subsections, so we added it in.
>
> So, unless Bruce has changed his mind about that I think the
> indentation is here to stay.

Well, that's exactly my point.  I showed Bruce the other version of the
page and he wasn't sure he could tell the difference, so I'm not sure
that keeping it is all that important :-)

If people add new subsections and they don't notice that you need a
macro to fix the indentation, this clues that the indentation is not all
that useful.

> Plus we've already put in the effort to get it working. =)

That's a point, yes :-)