Re: Differential backup in database migration

От Paul Smith
Тема Re: Differential backup in database migration
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On 16/02/2022 11:24, Alex Balashov wrote:
> I’m faced with the daunting prospect of upgrading a PG 9.6 installation to 14, in the process migrating a ~400 GB
database.Due to the large jump in major versions, the on-disk block storage of course will not be in the slightest bit
binary-compatible,

How do you know it will not be binary compatible?

I'm fairly sure I've upgraded 9.5 to 14 using pg_upgrade... If you use
the 'link' option in pg_upgrade it just takes a few minutes with
databases that big.

I'd take a backup, put it on a test machine with 9.5 and try to upgrade
it. You may be pleasantly surprised

Paul

--

Paul Smith Computer Services
Tel: 01484 855800

Sign up for news & updates at http://www.pscs.co.uk/go/subscribe

От: Alex Balashov
Сообщение: Re: Differential backup in database migration
От: Alex Balashov
Сообщение: Re: Differential backup in database migration