Re: How does the tsearch configuration get selected?

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: How does the tsearch configuration get selected?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> Do locale names vary across operating systems?

Yes, which is the fatal flaw in the whole thing.  The ru_RU part is
reasonably well standardized, but the encoding part is not.  Considering
that encoding is exactly the part of it we don't care about for this
purpose (because we should look to the database encoding instead),
I think it's just going to make life harder not easier to model search
language names on locales.

I'd suggest allowing either full names ("swedish") or the standard
two-letter abbreviations ("sv").  But let's stay away from locale names.