Re: How does the tsearch configuration get selected?

От Teodor Sigaev
Тема Re: How does the tsearch configuration get selected?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> 1)  Require the configuration to be always specified.  The problem with
> this is that casting (::tsquery) and operators (@@) have no way to
> specify a configuration.
it's not comfortable for most often cases

> 2)  Use a GUC that you can set for the configuration, and perhaps
> default it if possible to match the locale.  Is the default affected by
> search_path (ouch)?
Right now it works so

> How do we make sure that any index that is accessed is using the same
> configuration that is being used by the query, e.g. ::tsquery?  Do we
> have to store the configuration name in the index and somehow throw an
> error if it doesn't match?  What about changes to the configuration
> after the index has been created, e.g. new stop words or dictionaries?
That's possible intentional case, so we should not throw ERROR!

> The two big open issues are whether we allow a default configuration,
> and whether we require the configuration name to be always specified.
>
> My guess right now is that we use a GUC that will default if a
> pg_catalog configuration name matches the lc_ctype locale name, and we
> have to throw an error if an accessed index creation GUC doesn't match
> the current GUC.

Where will index store index creation GUC?

  WWW: http://www.sigaev.ru/

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: How does the tsearch configuration get selected?
От: Teodor Sigaev
Сообщение: Re: How does the tsearch configuration get selected?