Re: Tsearch vs Snowball, or what's a source file?

От Teodor Sigaev
Тема Re: Tsearch vs Snowball, or what's a source file?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> Go ahead and make the changes you want, and then I'll work on this.

So, I'm planing on this weekend:
1) rename FULLTEXT to TEXT SEARCH in SQL command
2) rework Snowball stemmer's as Tom suggested
3) ALTER FULLTEXT CONFIGURATION cfgname ADD/ALTER/DROP MAPPING
4) remove support of default configuration per scheme. Default configuration   will be only one per locale.

About security holes in PARSER/DICTIONARY. I see following ways now:
1) Allow to superuser only to do CREATE/ALTER/DROP PARSER/DICTIONARY   Disadvantage: hosting users will not be able to
changedictionaries

2) Remove CREATE/ALTER/DROP PARSER, split pg_ts_dict to pg_ts_dict_template   and pg_ts_dict and accordingly change
CREATE/ALTER/DROPDICTIONARY   Disadvantage: parser and dictionary's template will not dump/restore,                 it
shouldbe restored manually (just a INSERT into                 pg_ts_parser/pg_ts_dict_template)

3) Similar to previous point, but:   * CREATE/ALTER/DROP PARSER - super-user only   * CREATE/ALTER/DROP DICTIONARY
TEMPLATE- super-user only   * CREATE/ALTER/DROP DICTIONARY - allowed to non-superuser   Disadvantage: new command
CREATE/ALTER/DROPDICTIONARY TEMPLATE

Which way do we choose? or I miss some variant?

I would like to go by 3) way... Comments?

  WWW: http://www.sigaev.ru/