Re: [pgsql-www] planet in more languages

От Justin Clift
Тема Re: [pgsql-www] planet in more languages
Дата
Список pgsql-www
On 1 Jul 2017, at 14:48, Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
> Magnus Hagander wrote:

>>> what about the case in which someone uses es_fr? it should come in
>>> spanish or french?  translation of the interface should, IMHO,
>>> happen at a different level (and that is a different patch)
>>
>> es_fr means the french version of spanish, does it not? I'm not sure even
>> what that is :) But if it has it's own language code, it should be treated
>> like everything else?
>
> Not really ... codes like es_AR are supposed to mean "Spanish, in
> Argentina" (so you can have fr_CA and en_CA for French and English in
> Canada, and also es_ES and es_CL for Spanish in Spain or Chile).  This
> configures not only language but also things like currency format,
> thousands separator, etc, which are country-specific rather than
> language-specific.
>
> But what we want to do here is not that kind of language-in-country
> specific code, but rather something that means "list me all blog posts
> in either Spanish or French".  Which would be this "es_fr" weird thing
> we've just invented.  Maybe we should specify that differently -- maybe
> separate them with commas instead of underscore.  So
> planet.pg.org/fr,es,en/ would mean entries in either French, Spanish,
> English.
>
> As for what language should the interface be in, I suggest to use the
> first language listed in the language specification.  If you use
> /fr,es/ then show the interface in French, but if you use /es,fr/ then
> list it in Spanish -- though in both cases you would see exactly the
> same blog entries.

Maybe use get variables something like this?
 planet.pg.org/fr/?langs=fr,es,en

That would be an interface lang of "fr", and showing posts in the languages
fr, es, en.  With a default to whatever the interface language is if no
?langs= variable is provided.

+ Justin

- Indira Gandhi

В списке pgsql-www по дате отправления:

Сообщение: Re: [pgsql-www] planet in more languages
Сообщение: Re: [pgsql-www] planet in more languages