Re: [pgsql-www] planet in more languages

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: [pgsql-www] planet in more languages
Дата
Re: [pgsql-www] planet in more languages
Список pgsql-www
Magnus Hagander wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 30, 2017 at 6:09 AM, Jaime Casanova <
> jaime.casanova@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:

> > > The planet page in non-english still comes with english menu
> > > entries and headlines. I don't think we need (or even want) the
> > > registration interface to be translated, but the headlines about
> > > teams and feeds and such probably should be. And the plain texts.
> > >

> > what about the case in which someone uses es_fr? it should come in
> > spanish or french?  translation of the interface should, IMHO,
> > happen at a different level (and that is a different patch)
>
> es_fr means the french version of spanish, does it not? I'm not sure even
> what that is :) But if it has it's own language code, it should be treated
> like everything else?

Not really ... codes like es_AR are supposed to mean "Spanish, in
Argentina" (so you can have fr_CA and en_CA for French and English in
Canada, and also es_ES and es_CL for Spanish in Spain or Chile).  This
configures not only language but also things like currency format,
thousands separator, etc, which are country-specific rather than
language-specific.

But what we want to do here is not that kind of language-in-country
specific code, but rather something that means "list me all blog posts
in either Spanish or French".  Which would be this "es_fr" weird thing
we've just invented.  Maybe we should specify that differently -- maybe
separate them with commas instead of underscore.  So
planet.pg.org/fr,es,en/ would mean entries in either French, Spanish,
English.

As for what language should the interface be in, I suggest to use the
first language listed in the language specification.  If you use
/fr,es/ then show the interface in French, but if you use /es,fr/ then
list it in Spanish -- though in both cases you would see exactly the
same blog entries.

В списке pgsql-www по дате отправления:

Сообщение: Re: [pgsql-www] planet in more languages
Сообщение: Re: [pgsql-www] planet in more languages