Re: [pgsql-www] planet in more languages

От Magnus Hagander
Тема Re: [pgsql-www] planet in more languages
Дата
Список pgsql-www

On Fri, Jun 30, 2017 at 6:09 AM, Jaime Casanova <jaime.casanova@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
On 29 June 2017 at 09:04, Magnus Hagander <magnus@hagander.net> wrote:

> Do we really need to prepopulate *all* languages? I suggest we add languages
> as necessary, and instead have a text somewhere asking people to email us to
> add more languages if requested. That's also going to give a much easier to
> use interface.

that also allow us to put some restrictions, for example to add a
language we can ask that they translate the planet policy on the wiki

That's a very good point.

> The patch fails to take care of RSS feeds.
>
> The planet page in non-english still comes with english menu entries and
> headlines. I don't think we need (or even want) the registration interface
> to be translated, but the headlines about teams and feeds and such probably
> should be. And the plain texts.

what about the case in which someone uses es_fr? it should come in
spanish or french?
translation of the interface should, IMHO, happen at a different level
(and that is a different patch)

es_fr means the french version of spanish, does it not? I'm not sure even what that is :) But if it has it's own language code, it should be treated like everything else?

--

В списке pgsql-www по дате отправления: