Re: July Commitfest: Entries Needing Review

От Laurenz Albe
Тема Re: July Commitfest: Entries Needing Review
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, 2024-07-19 at 11:53 +0900, Sutou Kouhei wrote:
> In <CADkLM=fOjTpfcwwxhuARPPZCQAFdrhMvVQtPC3XA4UvuFs1y1g@mail.gmail.com>
>   "July Commitfest: Entries Needing Review" on Thu, 18 Jul 2024 14:17:38 -0400,
>   Corey Huinker <corey.huinker@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > If you know your patch isn't going to get reviewed in this commitfest,
> > please consider moving it to the next commitfest or withdrawing it.
>
> I hope my patch https://commitfest.postgresql.org/48/4681/
> gets reviewed in this commitfest but it's not done yet.
>
> I'm reviewing other patches in this commitfest because I
> heard that my patch will be got reviewed if I review other
> patches in this commitfest. But it seems that it's not
> related. Should I move my patch to the next commitfest or
> withdraw my patch?

Don't.  It is not your fault.  You don't know - it might still get
a review.  I'm not sure if Corey's advice makes much sense: how
should you be able to divine that your patch won't receive any attention?

The rule you quote isn't enforced in any way, and it would be difficult.

See
https://postgr.es/m/c0474165-2a33-4f50-9a77-7e2c67ab4f21%40enterprisedb.com
and the lengthy discussion around it.

Our development process isn't perfect, and it can be quite frustrating
for contributors.  Sorry about that.

Yours,
Laurenz Albe