Обсуждение: July Commitfest: Entries Needing Review

July Commitfest: Entries Needing Review

От
Corey Huinker
Дата:
There are currently 124 commitfest entries needing a reviewer.
Of those, 38 have activity this month, and the other 86 are a bit more stale, some going back to last year.

We're already past the halfway point of this commitfest, so we need to get reviewers on these.

If you know your patch isn't going to get reviewed in this commitfest, please consider moving it to the next commitfest or withdrawing it.

If you've ever wanted to review a patch, there are lots to choose from.

I'll be updating this thread every few days with our progress and increasingly hyperbolic calls to action.

source: https://commitfest.postgresql.org/48/?text=&status=1&targetversion=-1&author=-1&reviewer=-2&sortkey=2.

Re: July Commitfest: Entries Needing Review

От
Sutou Kouhei
Дата:
Hi,

In <CADkLM=fOjTpfcwwxhuARPPZCQAFdrhMvVQtPC3XA4UvuFs1y1g@mail.gmail.com>
  "July Commitfest: Entries Needing Review" on Thu, 18 Jul 2024 14:17:38 -0400,
  Corey Huinker <corey.huinker@gmail.com> wrote:

> If you know your patch isn't going to get reviewed in this commitfest,
> please consider moving it to the next commitfest or withdrawing it.

I hope my patch https://commitfest.postgresql.org/48/4681/
gets reviewed in this commitfest but it's not done yet.

I'm reviewing other patches in this commitfest because I
heard that my patch will be got reviewed if I review other
patches in this commitfest. But it seems that it's not
related. Should I move my patch to the next commitfest or
withdraw my patch?

kou

Re: July Commitfest: Entries Needing Review

От
Laurenz Albe
Дата:
On Fri, 2024-07-19 at 11:53 +0900, Sutou Kouhei wrote:
> In <CADkLM=fOjTpfcwwxhuARPPZCQAFdrhMvVQtPC3XA4UvuFs1y1g@mail.gmail.com>
>   "July Commitfest: Entries Needing Review" on Thu, 18 Jul 2024 14:17:38 -0400,
>   Corey Huinker <corey.huinker@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > If you know your patch isn't going to get reviewed in this commitfest,
> > please consider moving it to the next commitfest or withdrawing it.
>
> I hope my patch https://commitfest.postgresql.org/48/4681/
> gets reviewed in this commitfest but it's not done yet.
>
> I'm reviewing other patches in this commitfest because I
> heard that my patch will be got reviewed if I review other
> patches in this commitfest. But it seems that it's not
> related. Should I move my patch to the next commitfest or
> withdraw my patch?

Don't.  It is not your fault.  You don't know - it might still get
a review.  I'm not sure if Corey's advice makes much sense: how
should you be able to divine that your patch won't receive any attention?

The rule you quote isn't enforced in any way, and it would be difficult.

See
https://postgr.es/m/c0474165-2a33-4f50-9a77-7e2c67ab4f21%40enterprisedb.com
and the lengthy discussion around it.

Our development process isn't perfect, and it can be quite frustrating
for contributors.  Sorry about that.

Yours,
Laurenz Albe

Re: July Commitfest: Entries Needing Review

От
Aleksander Alekseev
Дата:
Hi,

> There are currently 124 commitfest entries needing a reviewer.
> Of those, 38 have activity this month, and the other 86 are a bit more stale, some going back to last year.

It's worth noting that some patches marked as "Needs review" in fact
got some review and now require actions from the author.

If you are an author and you know that you are going to update the
patch, consider changing its status to "Waiting on Author" for the
time being. This will allow the reviewers to focus on patches that
actually didn't get any attention so far.

--
Best regards,
Aleksander Alekseev