Re: PG_TEST_EXTRA and meson

От Nazir Bilal Yavuz
Тема Re: PG_TEST_EXTRA and meson
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi,

On Wed, 17 Jul 2024 at 13:13, Ashutosh Bapat
<ashutosh.bapat.oss@gmail.com> wrote:

> If you are willing to work on this further, please add it to the commitfest.

Since general consensus is more towards having an environment variable
to override Meson configure option, I converted solution-3 to
something more like a patch. I updated the docs, added more comments
and added this to the commitfest [1].

The one downside of this approach is that PG_TEXT_EXTRA in user
defined options in meson setup output could be misleading now.

Also, with this change; PG_TEST_EXTRA from configure_scripts in the
.cirrus.tasks.yml file should be removed as they are useless now. I
added that as a second patch.

Regards,
Nazir Bilal Yavuz
Microsoft