Re: Time Zone in Postgres

От Shilpa
Тема Re: Time Zone in Postgres
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Hi Tom,

We have different databases with different versions.

I checked the database with version 8.2.4 by running the below query

echo select timestamp with time zone \'epoch\' + 1206970200 \* INTERVAL \'1 second\'\; | psql template1
         ?column?
---------------------------
 2008-03-31 23:00:00+09:30
(1 row)

This shows the wrong date. The actual result should be  2008-04-01 00:00:00+10:30

Thanks and Regards,

On Fri, Mar 7, 2008 at 4:53 AM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
Vishal Arora <aroravishal22@hotmail.com> writes:
> Hi, I've been working on a timezone issue. I am in Adelaide Australia
> and the daylight savings time this year has been changed. I am trying
> to figure out the file which is required to be changed.

The easiest and best solution would be to update to a newer PG release
than 8.0.9 --- installing 8.0.15 over it would be painless and would fix
a number of problems besides this one, including some rather nasty
data-loss risks.

If you really can't be bothered with that, you can probably use your
operating system's copy of the timezone data files (try under
/usr/share/zoneinfo for starters).