Re: Time Zone in Postgres

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Time Zone in Postgres
Дата
Re: Time Zone in Postgres  (Shilpa <shilpa.sudhakar@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-admin
Vishal Arora <aroravishal22@hotmail.com> writes:
> Hi, I've been working on a timezone issue. I am in Adelaide Australia
> and the daylight savings time this year has been changed. I am trying
> to figure out the file which is required to be changed.

The easiest and best solution would be to update to a newer PG release
than 8.0.9 --- installing 8.0.15 over it would be painless and would fix
a number of problems besides this one, including some rather nasty
data-loss risks.

If you really can't be bothered with that, you can probably use your
operating system's copy of the timezone data files (try under
/usr/share/zoneinfo for starters).