Re: testing for usable C compiler

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: testing for usable C compiler
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> Tom Lane writes:
>> BTW, would it be possible to tweak configure's test for "minimum working
>> C compiler" to include a check that cc accepts ANSI-style function
>> prototypes?  That would allow us to bounce HP's lame excuse for a free
>> compiler with a slightly useful message ...

> Yes, unfortunately that involves that configure automatically mucks with
> CFLAGS, which could have interesting side-effects on some platforms.

Yeah.  I would suggest doing it at the "check that C compiler still
works" stage, after we think we have all the CFLAGS.  Couldn't we just
throw a prototyped function into that test program?

Сообщение: Re: Unixware Patch (Was: Re: Beta2 Tag'd and Bundled ...)
Сообщение: Re: Unixware Patch (Was: Re: Beta2 Tag'd and Bundled ...)