Re: Unixware Patch (Was: Re: Beta2 Tag'd and Bundled ...)

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: Unixware Patch (Was: Re: Beta2 Tag'd and Bundled ...)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Olivier PRENANT wrote:
> >> It's ok to assume thread-safety, as the SCO developer (Kean Johnston)
> >> asked the threads guys, and he said that the libc stuff is
> >> thread-safe so they don't have to have 2 different versions in libc.
> >>
> >> LER
> >>

> If any one can write a program that can prove anything (I can't), I'm
> willing to test it here on a bi-pro (bi PIII and bi-XEON with JT
> enabled) running uw713.
> Maybe it will end the discussion and make a point in either way. So that
> we (you?) can move on with the other unixware patches.

You don't need a SMP machine to test threads.  You just need one thread
to do the function call, then another to do the function call and see if
the two pointers are different.  They calls don't have to happen at the
same time.  Ideally you could make call in the two threads with
different arguments, then after both calls are completed, test that the
two static areas have the proper _different_ values.

Pennsylvania19073