Re: testing for usable C compiler

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: testing for usable C compiler
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane writes:

> BTW, would it be possible to tweak configure's test for "minimum working
> C compiler" to include a check that cc accepts ANSI-style function
> prototypes?  That would allow us to bounce HP's lame excuse for a free
> compiler with a slightly useful message ...

Yes, unfortunately that involves that configure automatically mucks with
CFLAGS, which could have interesting side-effects on some platforms.  For
example, on Tru64 it will add -std1, which is more strict than the -std
that we currently use.

Eventually, we'll have to deal with this anyway, because newer autoconf
versions do this automatically when you can AC_PROG_CC (blame yours truly
for that change), but it might not be the wisest thing to try right now.

--
Peter Eisentraut   peter_e@gmx.net

Сообщение: Re: TCP/IP with 7.4 beta2 broken?
Сообщение: Re: TCP/IP with 7.4 beta2 broken?