Re: Has anyone tried out the PL/pgSQL debugger?

От John DeSoi
Тема Re: Has anyone tried out the PL/pgSQL debugger?
Дата
Re: Has anyone tried out the PL/pgSQL debugger?  ("korry.douglas" <korry.douglas@enterprisedb.com>)
Re: Has anyone tried out the PL/pgSQL debugger?  ("korry.douglas" <korry.douglas@enterprisedb.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On Sep 4, 2007, at 8:55 PM, korry.douglas wrote:

> Sorry about that John, there's a fix for this problem (it's an 8.2
> versus 8.3 issue) in the CVS repository.  I thought I had rolled a
> new tarball after committing the fix but I guess not.
>
> You can pull the latest plugin_profiler.c from:

Thanks Korry, that fixed it.

Is there any documentation that describes how to use the SQL
functions? Some are obvious enough, but a simple example showing a
debugging session would be helpful.

In some simple tests it seems to work OK with pgAdmin (1.8b3) on OS
X. There appears to be a pgAdmin bug when you start a debug session
on a function that has no parameters:

ERROR: syntax error at or near ")"
LINE 1: SELECT * FROM myschema.myfunction)                               ^

Thanks for doing this project -- looks great.

John DeSoi, Ph.D.
http://pgedit.com/
Power Tools for PostgreSQL