Re: Updatable cursor doubt

От Gregory Stark
Тема Re: Updatable cursor doubt
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
"Josh Berkus" <josh@agliodbs.com> writes:

> Who are we, MySQL?   We ought not to accept the syntax if we're not going
> to enforce it.

I think the thinking is that the syntax doesn't promise anything about
enforcing any restrictions. It's a method for the user to declare what
features he needs. Ie, without that clause (or with a FOR UPDATE?) the
database should signal an error in cases where the cursor won't handle
updates. But with that clause the user is telling us that he's ok with
not being able to update the cursor.

Perhaps a better way to think about this case is "should you raise an
error if someone opens a file in read-only mode when they actually do
have write permission?"

Сообщение: Re: Has anyone tried out the PL/pgSQL debugger?
Сообщение: Re: Has anyone tried out the PL/pgSQL debugger?