Re: Has anyone tried out the PL/pgSQL debugger?

От korry.douglas
Тема Re: Has anyone tried out the PL/pgSQL debugger?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
>> The core of the debugger has been in use for quite some time, but I
>> had to strip out a lot of EDB-specific code and I'd like to see that
>> the result (the open-source version at pgFoundry) holds up well on
>> other platforms.
>> Josh, any chance you could try it out on Solaris?
>
> I copied the latest from pgFoundry to my contrib folder (pg 8.2.1) and
> executed 'make; make install'. I get the following errors on OS X
> 10.4.10:

Sorry about that John, there's a fix for this problem (it's an 8.2
versus 8.3 issue) in the CVS repository.  I thought I had rolled a new
tarball after committing the fix but I guess not.

You can pull the latest plugin_profiler.c from:

http://cvs.pgfoundry.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/~checkout~/edb-debugger/server/plugin_profiler.c?rev=1.4
<http://cvs.pgfoundry.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/%7Echeckout%7E/edb-debugger/server/plugin_profiler.c?rev=1.4>

or just comment out the plugin_profiler from your Makefile; change:   PLUGINS = plugin_debugger plugin_profiler #
plugin_tracer
to   PLUGINS = plugin_debugger # plugin_profiler plugin_tracer

I'll try to roll up a new tarball Wednesday or Thursday.
            -- Korry