Re: could not bind socket for statistics collector:

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: could not bind socket for statistics collector:
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Michael Fuhr <mike@fuhr.org> writes:
> On Thu, Jan 01, 2004 at 01:27:16PM -0500, Tom Lane wrote:
>> Is it actually an ERROR, or just a LOG?  If the latter, ignore it.
>> There's no problem unless you also see
>> "LOG: disabling statistics collector for lack of working socket"

> Dang...I'm not the original poster, but I thought I remembered the
> statistics collector not starting when I saw the "could not bind
> socket" message.

We did have a problem of that sort in 7.4 beta releases --- pgstats
would give up instead of continuing to try additional results from
getaddrinfo().  I don't recall at the moment if the fix was in 7.4.0
or not, but it's definitely there in 7.4.1.

>> Making the message disappear would require getting your kernel and
>> libc on the same page about whether IPv6 is supported or not.  I don't
>> know enough about Solaris to know how/where to fix that.

> That's what commenting out "::1 localhost" from /etc/inet/ipnodes appears
> to do.

Oh, okay, I misread what you were trying to do.  Yeah, that sounds like
a plausible fix.

Сообщение: Re: could not bind socket for statistics collector:
Сообщение: Re: could not bind socket for statistics collector: