Re: could not bind socket for statistics collector:

От Michael Fuhr
Тема Re: could not bind socket for statistics collector:
Дата
Re: could not bind socket for statistics collector:
Список pgsql-admin
On Thu, Jan 01, 2004 at 01:27:16PM -0500, Tom Lane wrote:
> > On Thu, Jan 01, 2004 at 04:58:39PM +0100, Denis Grannell wrote:
> >> I have just upgraded to 7.4.1 and since restarting
> >> postmaster I am getting the following error message
> >> in the logfile:
> >> "could not bind socket for statistics collector:
> >> "Cannot assign requested address".
>
> Is it actually an ERROR, or just a LOG?  If the latter, ignore it.
> There's no problem unless you also see
> "LOG: disabling statistics collector for lack of working socket"

Dang...I'm not the original poster, but I thought I remembered the
statistics collector not starting when I saw the "could not bind
socket" message.  However, I just backed out the "fix" I mentioned in
my previous post (the fix being to comment out "::1 localhost" from
/etc/inet/ipnodes), and although the "could not bind socket" message is
now logged, the statistics collector nevertheless appears to be running.
Must be a memory fault on my part, unless that behavior changed recently.

> Making the message disappear would require getting your kernel and
> libc on the same page about whether IPv6 is supported or not.  I don't
> know enough about Solaris to know how/where to fix that.

That's what commenting out "::1 localhost" from /etc/inet/ipnodes appears
to do.

--
Michael Fuhr
http://www.fuhr.org/~mfuhr/

Сообщение: Re: could not bind socket for statistics collector:
Сообщение: Re: could not bind socket for statistics collector: