Re: Database migration across different operating systems

От Natalie Wenz
Тема Re: Database migration across different operating systems
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
I thought about logical replication, but it seems that the initial sync is just a plain copy for each table, which will
getus into xid trouble on the publisher side while large tables copy. Unless someone can say conclusively that the copy
doesNOT hold an xid open that would prevent autovacuums from completing on the publisher.

Then of course there’s the excitement of having to freeze everything on the subscriber side, which can take weeks.