cache Memory

От AL-Temimi, Muthana
Тема cache Memory
Дата
Re: cache Memory  (Scott Ribe <scott_ribe@elevated-dev.com>)
Список pgsql-admin

Hello,

we have postgresql 9.1 installed on Suse Enterprice Linux Server. The RAM is 12GB, When the concurrent connections 275 reached the cached memory  on Server 5GB and when the concurrent increased into 305 increase also the cache memory 8.5GB. but when the concurrent connections decreased into for example 165 the cache memory not decreased. The question why? Did I mess something the postgresql.conf

any help will be grateful..

Best Regards

Muthana AL-Temimi

M.Sc. Informations- und Kommunikations-Systeme

Technische Universitaet Hamburg Harburg

-Rechenzentrum-

Am Schwarzenberg-Campus 3

D-21073 Hamburg