Re: Error installing postgresql-7.3.2 (fixed, but Q remains...)

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Error installing postgresql-7.3.2 (fixed, but Q remains...)
Дата
Re: Error installing postgresql-7.3.2 (fixed, but Q  (Jon Earle <je_pgsql@kronos.honk.org>)
Список pgsql-general
Jon Earle <je_pgsql@kronos.honk.org> writes:
> I tracked it down to the --disable-shared configure option.  Removed it
> and it installed fine.  So.. assuming that I actually do want a statically
> compiled version, it appears that the option to do so is broken, or I've
> done something wrong.

--disable-shared is probably not a good idea anymore, seeing that there
is no provision to build the multibyte libraries any other way than
shared, and no option to not build them.

Should we take it out of configure?