Re: Why is src/test/modules/committs/t/002_standby.pl flaky?

От Andres Freund
Тема Re: Why is src/test/modules/committs/t/002_standby.pl flaky?
Дата
Re: Why is src/test/modules/committs/t/002_standby.pl flaky?  (Alexander Lakhin <exclusion@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi,

On 2022-01-15 10:59:00 +1300, Thomas Munro wrote:
> On Sat, Jan 15, 2022 at 9:28 AM Andres Freund <andres@anarazel.de> wrote:
> > I think it doesn't even need to touch socket.c to cause breakage. Using two
> > different WaitEventSets is enough.
>
> Right.  I was interested in your observation because so far we'd
> *only* been considering the two-consecutive-WaitEventSets case, which
> we could grok experimentally.

There likely are further problems in other parts, but I think socket.c is
unlikely to be involved in walreceiver case - there shouldn't be any socket.c
style socket in walreceiver itself, nor do I think we are doing a
send/recv/select backed by socket.c.

> The patch Alexander tested most recently uses a tri-state eof flag [...]

What about instead giving WalReceiverConn an internal WaitEventSet, and using
that consistently? I've attached a draft for that.

Alexander, could you test with that patch applied?

Greetings,

Andres Freund

Вложения