Re: Why is src/test/modules/committs/t/002_standby.pl flaky?

От Thomas Munro
Тема Re: Why is src/test/modules/committs/t/002_standby.pl flaky?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Sat, Jan 15, 2022 at 11:44 AM Andres Freund <andres@anarazel.de> wrote:
> > The patch Alexander tested most recently uses a tri-state eof flag [...]
>
> What about instead giving WalReceiverConn an internal WaitEventSet, and using
> that consistently? I've attached a draft for that.
>
> Alexander, could you test with that patch applied?

Isn't your patch nearly identical to one that I already posted, that
Alexander tested and reported success with here?

https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/5d507424-13ce-d19f-2f5d-ab4c6a987316%40gmail.com

I can believe that fixes walreceiver (if we're sure that there isn't a
libpq-changes-the-socket problem), but AFAICS the same problem exists
for postgres_fdw and async append.  That's why I moved to trying to
fix the multiple-WES thing (though of course I agree we should be
using long lived WESes wherever possible, I just didn't think that
seemed back-patchable, so it's more of a feature patch for the
future).