Re: pgsql: Add pgindent commit to git-blame-ignore-revs file.

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: pgsql: Add pgindent commit to git-blame-ignore-revs file.
Дата
Список pgsql-committers
On 2021-Jun-28, Peter Geoghegan wrote:

> On Mon, Jun 28, 2021 at 9:31 AM Andrew Dunstan <andrew@dunslane.net> wrote:
> > Hmm, did I miss something or do we need to update some instructions
> > somewhere?
>
> (Responded on the other committers thread just now too.)
>
> I did update the instructions in commit 8e638845, but perhaps I
> omitted to update something. What do you think?

I think it would be useful to have the "git log" instructions in
src/tools/RELEASE_CHANGES, not just in the .git-blame-ignore-revs file
itself.

... and now that I look at running that command, I notice that the date
format it generates for me is different from what it did for you:

e1c1c30f635390b6a3ae4993e8cac213a33e6e3f # Mon Jun 28 11:05:54 2021 -0400
# Pre branch pgindent / pgperltidy run

This is what you committed:

+e1c1c30f635390b6a3ae4993e8cac213a33e6e3f # 2021-06-28 11:05:54 -0400
+# Pre branch pgindent / pgperltidy run

Is it worth documenting whatever is causing the output to be this?
I'm sure many of us would be bothered if the date format was not always
the same in future entries.

--
Álvaro Herrera       Valdivia, Chile
"Linux transformó mi computadora, de una `máquina para hacer cosas',