Re: New archives layout is not an improvement

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: New archives layout is not an improvement
Дата
Re: New archives layout is not an improvement
Список pgsql-www
Tom Lane wrote:
> "Jonathan S. Katz" <jkatz@postgresql.org> writes:
> > We’ve made a deploy to help with the browsing and reading experiences
> > that you have mentioned.
>
> This is definitely an improvement, thanks!

Thanks everyone for working on the new site.  I hope it will serve new
users better than the old site -- particularly those coming from mobile.

As one of the heavy users of the archives, I have four humble
suggestions for that part of our site:

1. In the "flat" view, say
https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/flat/20180401011446.GK11627%40technoir#20180401011446.GK11627@technoir
we now have an horizontal line between header and body; but there is no
line between end of previous body and the following header!  Overall it
gives the wrong impression of what the logical grouping is.  I think it
would be better to put the horizontal line between two emails and lose
the one between header and body.

2. I agree with Tom that the new look of the message headers are much
better than the old ones, but it appears to me there's still too much
space between consecutive lines of the header -- about 80% of a full
line.  Why not reduce that to look like regular single-spacing?

3. Listing the attachments together with the headers, rather than at
the bottom of each email, seems generally more convenient, too.

4. Another point is that we don't really need to display the email
addresses of people listed in From, To, CC fields; they look like just
clutter (plus we're probably feeding the spammers).  How about we lose
them?  So instead of

 Cc:    Tomas Vondra <tomas(dot)vondra(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>,Christophe Pettus <xof(at)thebuild(dot)com>,Craig Ringer
<craig(at)2ndQuadrant(dot)com>,ThomasMunro <thomas(dot)munro(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>,Andrew Gierth
<andrew(at)tao11(dot)riddles(dot)org(dot)uk>,RobertHaas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>,Anthony Iliopoulos
<ailiop(at)altatus(dot)com>,TomLane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>,Catalin Iacob
<iacobcatalin(at)gmail(dot)com>,PostgreSQLHackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>

we would have
 Cc:    Tomas Vondra, Christophe Pettus, Craig Ringer, Thomas Munro, Andrew Gierth, Robert Haas, Anthony Iliopoulos,
TomLane, Catalin Iacob, PostgreSQL Hackers

(if we really wanted to keep the email addresses, maybe they could be in
a tooltip on each name instead?)

В списке pgsql-www по дате отправления: