Re: New archives layout is not an improvement

От Alexander Kuzmenkov
Тема Re: New archives layout is not an improvement
Дата
Список pgsql-www
El 18/04/18 a las 19:16, Tom Lane escribió:
> I find the new layout of the mail archive display to be near unusable.
+many.  Having recovered from the initial shock, I have some points in
addition to what was mentioned upthread:

1. The fixed top bar wastes vertical space, which is scarce on modern
displays. This is bad for a page that is meant for reading text. On
desktops, you can just press "Home" on keyboard, so I'd prefer a
navigation bar that scrolls with content. In addition to this, some
sites also show a "home" button on the side when you scroll down, and
pressing this button scrolls all the way up. Another pattern is to hide
the navigation bar when the user scrolls down, but personally I dislike
it because it keeps wiggling when you scroll up and down to reread parts
of the page.

2. On the old search page I could see a fair number of results right
away. Now I have to scroll to see past the first result.

--
Alexander Kuzmenkov
The Russian Postgres Company

В списке pgsql-www по дате отправления:

От: Alvaro Herrera
Сообщение: Re: New archives layout is not an improvement
От: Boshomi DeWiki
Сообщение: [www] new layout