Re: [pgsql-www] [HACKERS] Small issue in online devel documentationbuild

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: [pgsql-www] [HACKERS] Small issue in online devel documentationbuild
Дата
Список pgsql-www
On Mon, Apr 10, 2017 at 10:17:26AM +0200, Magnus Hagander wrote:
>     didn't that that happened in the old docs, but I can use an href filter
>     to do it only for docs of versions starting with '1' or saying 'devel'.
>
> That said, doing something like this would probably be cleaner. However, I
> think doing it based on href is a bad idea -- we're bound to silently break
> that somehow.
>
> What if we changed the <div id="docContent"> tag to be something like <div id=
> "docContent" class="post-10">
>
> Please suggest a better name -- but the idea being we add a class do it,
> conditionally for the docs of v10 and newer (which would include devel). That
> way that logic stays where it belongs, and the CSS just uses the information to
> style on.

While we could trigger on some special tag, it is best to trigger on
something the build system does anyway so that if someone builds pre-10
docs with the new build system, they get the same output.  The attached
patch uses:

    div.refnamediv h2 .refentrytitle

and "div.refnamediv" is only generated in the new build system.