Re: [pgsql-www] [HACKERS] Small issue in online devel documentation build

От Magnus Hagander
Тема Re: [pgsql-www] [HACKERS] Small issue in online devel documentation build
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Apr 10, 2017 at 4:02 AM, Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us> wrote:
On Sun, Apr  9, 2017 at 07:00:38PM +0200, Magnus Hagander wrote:

> On Sun, Apr 9, 2017 at 2:32 AM, Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us> wrote:
>
>     On Sat, Apr  8, 2017 at 12:50:19PM -0400, Robert Haas wrote:
>     > On Sat, Apr 8, 2017 at 6:39 AM, Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us> wrote:
>     > > What other problems do we have with pgweb that I can work on?
>     >
>     > Well, the 10devel documentation doesn't believe in orange.  Compare:
>     >
>     > https://www.postgresql.org/docs/devel/static/sql-createtable.html
>     > https://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.6/static/sql-createtable.html
>     >
>     > I think that needs to be fixed.
>
>     The attached CSS patch will fix that specific issue, but I am unclear if
>     there are more places that need color.
>

> Does this not also affect existing versions of the docs? AFAICT it would hit
> any and all <h2> tags, and we certainly have those in earlier versions?

It would hit any class of .refentrytitle inside of an <h2> block.  I

Oh. That shows my love for css, i missed the fact that it will only hit *subentries* with that class.
So it hits either "h1" *or* "h2" followed by something that's class "refentrytitle".

Gotcha.

didn't that that happened in the old docs, but I can use an href filter
to do it only for docs of versions starting with '1' or saying 'devel'.

That said, doing something like this would probably be cleaner. However, I think doing it based on href is a bad idea -- we're bound to silently break that somehow.

What if we changed the <div id="docContent"> tag to be something like <div id="docContent" class="post-10">

Please suggest a better name -- but the idea being we add a class do it, conditionally for the docs of v10 and newer (which would include devel). That way that logic stays where it belongs, and the CSS just uses the information to style on.

Seems reasonable?