Re: Pg-Upgrade standbys via rsync... and avoid sending UNlogged data?

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: Pg-Upgrade standbys via rsync... and avoid sending UNlogged data?
Дата
Re: Pg-Upgrade standbys via rsync... and avoid sending UNlogged data?  (Stephen Frost <sfrost@snowman.net>)
Список pgsql-admin
On Mon, Jul 25, 2016 at 12:34:45PM -0500, Jerry Sievers wrote:

> >> Honestly, sending an extra 40G out of 5TB (we're talking less than 1%
> >> here...) might be worth it to keep the process simple.
> >
> > Of course, I realize right after sending this that you aren't sending
> > the 5TB. :)
>
> Roger that!  Really, the hard link pg-upgrade option and rsync method
> for standbys is pure beauty :-)
>
> We have only the post-analyze and this unlogged data  problem to deal
> with.
>
> The warehouse is our only system with any substantial amount of unlogged
> data.
>
> Reducing post-analyze delay was solved by me here with our groovy
> threaded AnalyzMaTron.  I can get a >5TB system done in about 45 minutes
> w/20 threads.

The only thing I can suggest is to document this limitation, if people
think it is worth it.

От: Guillaume Lelarge
Сообщение: Re: if anyone is running slony, I have a trivial question