Re: psql metaqueries with \gexec

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: psql metaqueries with \gexec
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Pavel Stehule wrote:

> The design of the "format" function is not closed. Try to send prototype
> and patch. The possibility to do PostgreSQL customization was strong reason
> why we didn't implemented "sprintf" and we implemented "format".

Probably not terribly useful here, but for the DDL-deparse patch I came
up with a syntax to format JSON objects, which used %-escapes; each
escaped element corresponds to a string literal, or to an object.  So
you'd have %{table}D where the "table" element in the JSON object could
be a simple string which is expanded verbatim (plus quoting if
necessary), or it could be a JSON object with something like { schema =>
"public", name => "students" }, where each element is expanded and
quoted as necessary; if the "schema" is null or it doesn't exist, it
expands only the name, obviously omitting the dot.

Сообщение: Re: psql metaqueries with \gexec
Сообщение: Re: psql metaqueries with \gexec