Re: psql metaqueries with \gexec

От Corey Huinker
Тема Re: psql metaqueries with \gexec
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Feb 22, 2016 at 10:08 AM, Daniel Verite <daniel@manitou-mail.org> wrote:
        Corey Huinker wrote:

> ...and query text visibility, and result visibility, and error handling,
> etc. In this case, we're leveraging the psql environment we'd already set
> up, and if there's an error, \set ECHO queries shows us the errant SQL as
> if we typed it ourselves..

BTW, about error handling, shouldn't it honor ON_ERROR_STOP ?

With the patch when trying this:

=> set ON_ERROR_STOP on
=> select * from (values ('select 1/0', 'select 1/0')) AS n \gexec

it produces two errors:
ERROR:  division by zero
ERROR:  division by zero

I'd rather have the execution stop immediately after the first error,
like it's the case with successive queries entered normally via the
query buffer:

=> \set ON_ERROR_STOP on
=> select 1/0; select 1/0;
ERROR:  division by zero

as opposed to:

=> \set ON_ERROR_STOP off
=> select 1/0; select 1/0;
ERROR:  division by zero
ERROR:  division by zero

Yes, I would like it to honor ON_ERROR_STOP. I'll look into that.