Re: how recovery database (i have all /data catalogue but pg_database file in /data/global is corrupt :/ - empty)

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: how recovery database (i have all /data catalogue but pg_database file in /data/global is corrupt :/ - empty)
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
tierr wrote:
> hello friends. sorry for my bad eglish. i am from polen. I have big problem.
> My serwer has crashed and my instantion of postgresql 8.3 on windows not
> started. i know why... file in directory /data/global/pg_database is empty
> :/  i have all file from postgres server without this file, but this file is
> most important. My question is... what i can make to restore database from
> folder /data in new instance of postgres server? Please help

That file is not critical.  If you just remove it, the server will
create it again on restart.  (I tried on 8.3.23 removing it and also
creating it as an empty file; the server is able to start in both cases,
and the file later contains the correct contents).  Your problem must be
something else.