Maximum Availability Architecture(MAA) for PostgreSQL

От Wei Shan
Тема Maximum Availability Architecture(MAA) for PostgreSQL
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Hi everyone.

I posted this in the SG mailing list but there wasn't any response. Thus, I decided to repost it here.

Anyone who is familiar with Oracle database would have heard of the Oracle Maximum Availability Architecture where Oracle uses a range of products to prevent the databases from suffering planned and unplanned outages.

In the PostgreSQL world, what do you guys think would be the equivalent?

Attached is a diagram I have thought of. Clusters of pg-pool2 used to load balance the connection in and for connection failover when a DB crashes. Between master and slave, sync replication is being used for zero-data-loss.

Let me know your thoughts!

Cheers!

--
Regards,