Re: Version on the yum.postgresql.org website

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: Version on the yum.postgresql.org website
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On Wed, Mar 18, 2015 at 01:11:23PM -0400, John Scalia wrote:
> On 3/18/2015 12:48 PM, Holger.Friedrich-Fa-Trivadis@it.nrw.de wrote:
> > John Scalia wrote on Wednesday, March 18, 2015 5:07 PM:
> >> Or is some major flaw with 9.3.3 that should motivate us to get off it immediately?
> > Consider this:
> >
> > http://www.postgresql.org/message-id/1328517318.859752.1424472489522.JavaMail.yahoo@mail.yahoo.com
> > "Oh, and please update to 9.3.6; there are some nasty bugs fixed."
> Yikes, I see what you mean, even though we haven't experienced any issues with 9.3.3. You should all know that I
personallyhave no problem upgrading at all and I've even put 9.4.0
> into a sandbox just to satisfy my own curiosity. The problem here is more political, including the fact that Verizon
istrying to migrate off of postgresql. I'm reasonably certain
> if I say to migrate to a newer version, the suggestion will get canned, and the order come down to start using NuoDB
instead.

We created the webpage talking about upgrading so people could point to
that as support during political arguments about upgrading.

  + Everyone has their own god. +

От: Devrim Gündüz
Сообщение: Re: Version on the yum.postgresql.org website
От: Devrim Gündüz
Сообщение: Re: libs, compat and upgrades (oh my)