Re: record identical operator

От Stephen Frost
Тема Re: record identical operator
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
* Kevin Grittner (kgrittn@ymail.com) wrote:
> = and <> aren't listed above even though they do a byte-for-byte
> comparison because, well, I guess because we have chosen to treat
> two UTF8 strings which produce the same set of glyphs using
> different bytes as unequal.  :-/

I tend to side with Andres on this case actually- we're being asked to
store specific UTF8 bytes by the end user.  That is not the same as
treating two different numerics which are the same *number* as
different because they have different binary representations, which is
entirely an internal-to-postgres consideration.
Thanks,
    Stephen