Re: Where to load modules from?

От Andres Freund
Тема Re: Where to load modules from?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 2013-09-18 08:46:08 -0400, Robert Haas wrote:
> Here's another idea.  At initdb time, create an empty directory called
> called pg_you_can_load_stuff_from_here (pick a better name) inside
> $PGDATA.  Allow it to be replaced with a symlink.  This would be
> similar to what we do today with pg_xlog.  In fact, you can imagine an
> equivalent of initdb -X that does something precisely analogous.  This
> feels a bit more natural to me than a GUC.

I think I'd prefer a GUC that allows specifying multiple directories
that are searched in order to a single symlinked directory.

Also, aren't "symlinks" an absolute PITA to manipulate by hand on
windows?

Greetings,

Andres Freund

Services

Сообщение: Re: record identical operator
Сообщение: Re: record identical operator