Re: Re: Proposal: Store "timestamptz" of database creation on "pg_database"

От Stephen Frost
Тема Re: Re: Proposal: Store "timestamptz" of database creation on "pg_database"
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
* Hannu Krosing (hannu@krosing.net) wrote:
> Can't we actually fix these to preserve file creation date like tar
> does and still keep
> unix file semantics ?

I'm not sure that I really see the advantage to trying to use the
filesystem to keep this information for us..?

> So it is as about agreeing on what we actually want this "create time"
> mean opening a can of worms as tom predicted ?

I agree that we need to hash out what, exactly, the values mean, but I
don't think that's a terribly difficult thing to do.

> For example, how would this work in replication context ?

If it's stored in the database catalogs, this is clear- it's replicated
just like the catalog, and then you don't have to worry about trying to
ensure that the file creation timestamp in the filesystem is right...
Thanks,
    Stephen

Сообщение: Re: Proposal: Store "timestamptz" of database creation on "pg_database"
Сообщение: Re: Proposal: Store "timestamptz" of database creation on "pg_database"